Positive Quote

“The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today". Franklin D. roosevelt

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Let our hearts be broken

I believe that the beautiful gift of true love happens when our hearts have been broken.

We can all share stories of our first true love, that incredible feeling of your heart racing when he or she is near. The smile that melts your heart and the thought of him or her not being with you leaves you watching the time until you are together again. You have created a world that belongs only to the two of you and nothing around you matters except that you are together. For a lucky few that first true love is there only true love as they have spent a lifetime together “until death do us part” at the end however their heart will also be broken and they too will realize the beautiful gift of true love. For many that first true love experience, which did not last a lifetime, can hurt and rip you heart to pieces. What is forgotten in the pain from our broken hearts is that each relationship always has a purpose. Each circumstance is different for everyone as to why his or her relationship ended, as is the level of pain associated with that first broken heart.

As I continue on my journey of healing my past, I am thankful today for the experience of my first broken heart. It was a beautiful beginning to learning how powerful the gift of giving is to each other. I learned that love was not about taking from one or the other it was about giving to each other. True love can at times mean letting someone go “to let them spread their wings and fly” even if hurts. We make choices that at the time seem like they are the best choices only to realize the choice had devastating results. I have also come to realize that I must take responsibility for my behavior in the past, present, and forgive those who have hurt me both in the past and present. This genuine forgiveness allows my energy to shift from a negative energy to a positive energy allowing for healing and resolution.

This journey has had some extraordinary outcomes as I have re-connected with people from my past that I feared would judge me only to realize that even if they had (they didn’t) nobody can judge us harder than we judge ourselves.

I encourage you to take the steps necessary to heal your past so it will not mess up the present.

To new beginnings and happy endings.





No comments:

Post a Comment